Bob O`Bob's VB Links
These are the bookmarks I've retained over several years of VB research.
I make no promises on their behalf, other than that at one time or another, each
has supplied me with something useful. Whether that same content is useful today,
or even still on that site, is something I can't verify until a times comes when
I want it again.
I've recently (12/99) tried to verify that each link functions. Though a few sites
appeared to be temporarily down, I've removed some obvious deadwood and
updated several that have moved since I last looked. I can't promise it hasn't changed
since then, though.
I also removed a few links to sites about which I have confirmed some
adverse information. There are a small number of sites promoting theft of
source code and/or distributing code with obvious bugs and design flaws.
It bothers me that beginners often find such sites with simple web searches,
but as a magazine writer, I know that any press at all is almost guaranteed to
work like good press, so the best thing I can do to limit the damage that
such sites do is to refuse to even name them. If you talk to me in person,
I might name them, but please don't ask me to do so in any other forum,
and please do not even circulate the names in any published form
(especially on a web page) if you know. It's a funny thing, human nature.
And now, in no particular order...
Microsoft KnowledgeBase articles
- INFO: Visual Basic 4.0 and Visual Basic 5.0 Compatibility
- HOWTO: Use the Registry API to Save and Retrieve Setting
- Q106553 - HOWTO: Write C DLLs and Call Them from Visual Basic
- Q190952 - HOWTO: Upgrade Project to Use New VB6 Controls
- Welcome to the Microsoft DLL Help database DLL Hell/p
- L.J. Johnson More NT VB goodies than I can handle
- Karl E. Peterson's One-Stop Source Shop
- Phil Weber's VB Tips
- Visual Basic Instinct So that's where Jens went!
- [Dick Grier] Hard & Software serial communications guru
- Ramon's VB5 NetStop
- Larry Rebich - Home Page
- Larry Rebich - Tips "Why Didn't I think of that?"
- Brent's Visual Basic Web DirectoryŠ
- Stewart A. Berman
- Matt Hart
- Jason Bock Author of the only other API book
- Jim Holloman (Jim H.)
- [arcatapet] Visual Basic Samples (Don Bradner)
- Nerve-Net Home Page (Bill Storage) Presently off-line, but temporarily.
- The VB Box Klaus H. Probst
- the Software Forum The VB-SIG that inspired my publishing this list of links
- DOWNLOAD.COM -- ActiveX
- MSDN Online Library
- Carl & Gary's Visual Basic Home Page The classic VB site, now in its own domain.
- Desaware Home Page Actually, you can do that with VB
- Mabry Software's Home Page Forgettable magazine ads; indispensable controls
- InStep Home Page Deborah "does" VB Objects
- VB Tips & Tricks VB Dave
- MicroDexterity, Inc. There's no more MicroHelp; some of the products are here, though
- BeCubed Software, Inc. Another home of some of the ex-MicroHelp products
- SoftCircuits Home Page
- VBO Tips & Tricks
- Whiz Kid's Visual Basic Heaven
- PlanetWide Software
- Visual Basic Island
- Visual Basic Corner. For tips, tricks, tools, links, mailing lists, .........
- Visual Basic Explorer - A Place for the Novice VB Programmer - tutorials links game programming source code message boards
- Visual Basic Newswire - The Ultimate Visual Basic News Site
- The Visual Basic Resource Index
- VB Helper Home
- Visual Basic Area 51
- GridLinx Software Visual Basic 5/6 Programming Tools VB DocuMentor VB Builder
- Visual Basic Thunder
- Essential Tools
- Isys Information Architects Inc. Home of the Interface Hall of Shame
- Data Dynamics Online
- vbAccelerator - The Site For Advanced Visual Basic Source Code
- Visual Basic Web Directory - The Definitive Index for Visual Basic Web Resources
- Advanced Visual Basic: How-To Series
- Allapi.net - The KPD-Team
- Vivid Creations
- PowerBASIC On The Net
- Open Source Visual Basic Project
- vbCity.com - Home
- HTML Help Center
- DevX Newsgroup Etiquette
- Why People Ignore You in the Newsgroups
- Bob O`Bob's VB Page "and now, a word from our sponsor..."
I wrote, above, that this list was in no particular order; I guess I lied.
Since the last time the Software Forum
published a page of my links, I've received a few inquiries into what it takes to get listed.
First of all, please write only to this submission address.
Plain Text only please.
Next, please give me some information about why the site should interest me, and if the URL is to a top level
of the site, exactly where the VB content can be found. And Third, don't expect quick action, or even
necessarily any reply. No promises. The thrust of this page is things that I have found to be useful to
me, not things that have presented themselves.
I'd be really pleased if this page is useful to you, but it's an entirely volunteer
effort on my part, and there's no predicting when I'll next have time for an update. Your thanks are not
necessary, but if you absolutely must complain about something ,
here's an address for that, too.
Last Updated 24 January 2000